Home Sweet Home is the perfect card for friends or family who are settling into a new house. Send them this card and let them know you’re thinking of them.
Around the world, people give housewarming gifts to wish new homeowners well in their new home. Some believe the tradition began in France. While others believe Russia to be the origin of the housewarming tradition.
The word itself, housewarming, dates back to the 16th century. So it’s safe to say housewarmings have been taking place for a very long time.
There are lots of traditional housewarming gifts that you can give, all with very special meanings.
- Bread. Meaning: “May this house never know hunger.”
- Wine. Meaning: “May you always have joy and never go thirsty.”
- Wood. Meaning: “May your home have stability, harmony, and peace.”
- Broom. Meaning: “May your house always be clean and free of evil spirits.”
- Coal. Meaning: “May you always be warm.”
Different cultures may have celebrated housewarmings in their own unique ways throughout history. But one thing is the same:
Housewarmings involve various rituals and blessings to help others settle into their new home, so what are you waiting for? Send ‘Home Sweet Home’ to them!
Read more about this here.
Our Cards Are All …
- Made from luxury 300 gsm hammered effect card
- Large format – 147mm x 147mm
- High quality ribbed, brown envelope
- Blank on the inside
- Packaged in a cellophane sleeve
Not the card for you? Check out our other Congratulations cards here.